Insanity

Insanity

Nutrition Simplified

Nutrition Simplified
70 Healthy Ingredients. 1 Glass

Monday, April 27, 2009

21 Day Challenge

It takes 21 Days to create a new habit or routine. Since beginning my journey in Dec of 2008, I am amazed at what really happens to people as they gain confidence and keep doing the things that breed success.

Awareness....This has been one of the keys to my success. I was at work taking out some food to eat out of my Famous Igloo and a co-worker asked me about my food journal. After explaining what I was doing, they made the comment that tracking your food takes the enjoyment out of eating the food everyday.

I then explained that I track the food to establish what a true portion size really is...and then further went on to explain that once I had a handle on what a portion size was of the foods I liked to eat, then I am now empowered with making a better choice as to what i eat and how much I eat at one time.

Tracking what you eat is just as important as tracking how many reps and weights you do for a given routine.

So for the next 21 days....pick one thing in your life that does not add to your health and well being and let it go for 21 days replacing it with a better alternative. Then write down the new action you are doing and read it out loud every day, write it on a piece of paper at your desk...put it on a post it note. Anywhere where you will read it.

Even though I talked about food, the challenge can be as simple as thinking positive thoughts and choosing how you react to things that happen to you. Good luck and keep smiling!

2 comments:

Annie, The Amazing Shrinking Girl April 30, 2009 at 8:32 PM  

I couldn't have read your blog at a better time... right now I'm struggling with getting my diet together and I'm going to do this 21-day challenge for myself. I eat relatively clean, but need to give up the ice cream! Thanks to you... today will be day 1!

Unknown May 1, 2009 at 2:22 AM  

I am happy that the words found a home in your soul. Write down what you want to do and just focus on the end result. You are going to replace ice cream with a healthier alternative. Your body will thank you and you will reap the rewards from your efforts. You can do this! Stay encouraged and let me know how you feel in 21 days.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP