Insanity

Insanity

Nutrition Simplified

Nutrition Simplified
70 Healthy Ingredients. 1 Glass

Friday, February 13, 2009

Day 70 *Milestone*

Today is a milestone day for me!  Back and Biceps = basic push and pull exercises. I had personal best with the weights. I am still doing assisted pull-ups with the chair because I want to make sure I get the most reps in instead of just a few all out reps  with bad form.


It finally sunk in about writing down your reps and the weights used on each and every exercise. In my mind, I said.."I don't need to write it down, I will just do until I can't"...  Tony Horton always says, "Set a goal and pick a weight that will do the job".  I set a goal in my head with the weight I had selected without referring to my previous workout. The weight I selected was based upon how many reps I thought I could do, instead of what I had actually done previously. Before the exercise began, I took a look at my sheet and realized I was not pushing myself with more weight, I was actually about to use less weight than the previous time!  So I changed the weight to reflect what I knew my body could do...if I let my mind get out of my own way.

Now I get it! Look at the paper first....then determine if you will go higher or lower based upon how you feel that day, or if you pushed it last time and just want to back off and go lighter. The key is to look....before you leap!


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP